About this policy
This Policy explains how we collect, store, protect, and share your information, and with whom we share it. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum. We suggest you read this in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Rendezvous Dating Inc. (“rendezvous”, “the Company”, “we” or “us") is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the integrity of any personal information that we collect about you while you access or use our services. This includes our website located at https://www.himoon.app, the Himoon app, or any other services offered by rendezvous, collectively, our “Services”.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of Information
To use our services we need to collect and share some information about you. This may be information you provide or information generated as you use our services, for example access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. If you want additional info, we go into more detail below.
Information You Voluntarily Provide
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. Information you provide may be publicly visible to other users. We recommend and encourage you (and all our members) to think carefully about the information you disclose about yourself. We also do not recommend that you put email addresses, URLs, instant messaging details, phone numbers, full names or addresses, credit card details, national identity numbers, drivers' licence details and other sensitive information on your profile which is open to abuse and misuse.
The information you provide includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials and access to certain information contained on your connected Facebook account this could include information such as your name, gender and friends list. You may also provide basic information such as your full name, address and e-mail address.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information and making this information public to other users.
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- Of course, we also process any interactions you have with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the Service.
- You may access or modify the Registration Information you provided at any time or permanently delete your Account (although we really hope you don't!)
- When your Account is deleted, we take reasonable efforts to make sure it is no longer viewable on the App. We are not responsible for any information, pictures, comments, or other content that is deleted from our systems resulting from the deletion of your Account.
- Warning: Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your Account, copies of that information may still be viewable and/or accessed to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, or copied or stored by other Users or to the extent such information has been shared with search engines. We cannot control this, nor do we accept any liability for this. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your personal information they may retain such information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies.
We recommend and encourage you to think carefully about the personal information you disclose about yourself to other users.
While you may voluntarily provide us with sensitive information about yourself such as your ethnicity, personal interests, religion or other sensitive information there is no requirement to do so. Photos and videos that you post may also reveal more detailed information about yourself or your location. You should be cautious and review any photos or videos you choose to post. Where you choose to post sensitive personal information about yourself the information you share is at your own risk.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you.
- Social Media You are required to use your social media login (Facebook Login) to create and log into your account. We may collect information about your Facebook account.
- Other Partners We may receive info about you from our partners, for instance where ads are published on a partner’s websites and platforms (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success).
- Date Venues. We may receive or collect information for date venues you attend
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
- Usage Information We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges.
- Device information We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple's IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength;
- information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
- We may also include your GPS location (if you allowed location services), and/or location data derived from your IP address, such as postal code, city, state, and country. Your Facebook access token and/or Facebook user ID.
- Other information with your consent If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you’re using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it. Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo, video or streaming on the services). We may use personal data to determine your geographic position in real time. In accordance with your right of opposition provided for by law, you have the possibility, at any time, to deactivate the functions relating to geolocation. You then acknowledge that deactivating these functions may limit your ability to use the service and we will no longer be able to present you with the profiles of other Users.
Additional Information Collected
We may keep track of how you interact with links available on the Service including third party services and clients by redirecting clicks or through other means. We may share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
If you made a purchase in the Service we record what product you purchased, the quantity purchased, the price of the product, the date and time the purchase was made, and the expiry time of the purchase (if applicable). Apple will provide us with a unique transaction ID, the subscription status, the payment status, and reason for subscription cancellation (if applicable). Google will provide us with a unique order ID, the subscription status, the payment status, and reason for subscription cancellation (if applicable). Neither Apple nor Google provide us with any personal information from your Apple iTunes or Google Play account.
Cookies & Other Analytics
If for any reason you decide that you do not want all of your Himoon activities to be stored you may set your browser and mobile settings to block cookies and local storage devices, but please remember that if you do so, you may not be able to access all of the features Himoon offers.
We may process & use some data to drive targeted advertising in our legitimate interest. You can request us to stop targeted advertising by contacting us at email@example.com. If you opt-out of targeted advertising you will still see adverts though they will be less relevant to you.
Account Verification & Moderation
For safety and security we may require users to verify their accounts and might ask for your phone number. We want to make sure to avoid fake accounts being created which can be used for malicious activities and cybercrime.
To prevent abuse of the app/site, the Company uses automated decisions and moderators to block accounts as part of its moderation procedures. In order to do this, we check accounts and messages for content that indicates breaches of our Terms and Conditions of Use. This is done through a combination of automated systems and our team of moderators. If an account or message meets certain criteria that demonstrate that the Terms and Conditions of Use are likely to have been breached, the relevant account will automatically be blocked. All users of accounts that have been blocked will be notified that their account has been blocked and affected users can contact the Company to contest the decision.
Finally, we want to keep in touch with you to make sure you know about the great promotions and offers we have available. If you’ve told us it’s OK, we will use your email address and phone number to send you information on these. You can withdraw this consent at any time via Settings in the App.
For users who are California residents, the data we may collect falls within the following categories of “personal information,” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA):
- Identifiers, such as name and location;
- Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law, such as contact (including email and telephone number) and financial information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (if you choose to provide them), such as age, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, and medical conditions;
- Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history;
- Biometric information (not relevant here);
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our websites and apps;
- Geolocation data, such as mobile device location;
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as photos and videos;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer;
- Non-public education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
By using the App, you acknowledge that Himoon is a global app operating through servers located in a number of countries around the world, including the United States. If you live in a country with data protection laws, the storage of your personal data may not provide you with the same protections as you enjoy in your country of residence.
Log and Usage Data
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as set out in Section 11 below) and as permitted by applicable law.
In practice, we delete or anonymise your information upon deletion of your account (following the safety retention window), unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law (for instance, some “traffic data” is kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations);
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behaviour or security incidents from opening a new account.
Use of Information
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information.
We use your information to;
- Provide our services to you. This includes creating & managing your account; providing you with customer support; and completing your purchases and provide billing information
- Help you connect with other users. This includes
- Analyze your profile, activity on the service, and preferences to recommend meaningful connections to you and recommend you to others;
- Show users’ profiles to one another
- Assist in arranging dates between users
- Communicate with you about our services, including notifications based on your account settings, service announcements and/or administrative messages;
- To serve you relevant offers and ads, administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers. This includes developing, displaying and tracking content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites
- Help us better understand how our services are being used by identifying patterns and trends in usage, so that we are able to better design our services, and improve your experience;
- Identify and fix technical errors;
- Maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services, and prevent, detect, identify, investigate, or respond to, potential or actual, claims, liabilities, criminal activity, fraud or malicious activity;
- For testing, research, analytics, and product development, including to develop and improve our services;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our users is among the assets transferred;
- To achieve purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
- Consent: From time to time, we may ask for your consent to use your information for certain specific reasons. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Disclosure Of Information
Since our goal is to help you make meaningful connections, the main sharing of users’ information is, of course, with other users. We also share some users’ information with service providers and partners and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
- With other users \
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being publically viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
- With our service providers and partners \
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and assist us in advertising our services.
- For corporate transactions \
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- When required by law \
We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- To enforce legal rights \
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request \
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
We may use and share non-personal information (meaning information that, by itself, does not identify who you are such as device information, general demographics, general behavioral data, geolocation in de-identified form), as well as personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, under any of the above circumstances. \
Aggregated Information – We may share aggregated information with third parties that includes your personal data (but which doesn’t identify you directly) together with other information including log data for industry analysis and demographic profiling. You may opt-out of receiving marketing messages by using the opt-out mechanisms and links provided in each email.
We ensure these parties must adhere to strict data protection and confidentiality provisions that are consistent with this Policy. Measures are taken to ensure that the data shared is non-attributable to the greatest extent possible.
Our services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal information to us through our services or use our Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any personal information through our services. If we learn that we have collected personal information from someone under the age of 18, we will delete it. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about someone under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECURITY & DATA RETENTION
We take commercially reasonable security measures to help protect your information against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, or disclosure. We use reasonable security measures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information such as secured servers using firewalls.
Unfortunately no website or Internet transmission is ever completely 100% secure and even we cannot guarantee that unauthorised access, hacking, data loss or other breaches will never occur.
You should use caution whenever submitting personal information through our services and take special care in deciding which personal information you provide us with.
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORISED USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately at email@example.com
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law. Anonymized and aggregated information is retained for statistical and product research purposes but this information is not attributable back to an individual. Please be aware that we may also be required to retain information for legal and accounting purposes.
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account (within one month), unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law;
- we must keep it to evidence our compliance with applicable law;
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific timeframe due to technical constraints.
THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS
To access our Services you are required to register using a third party social media platform, Facebook. Remember that when you register with a third party, you may also be giving them personal information, so we recommend that you read their privacy policies as Facebook does not control how they use their information.
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to us and that’s associated with your account directly within the service.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. You can delete your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com
Updating your information. If you believe that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion or object to its processing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through our service, the other user will have to contact our Privacy Officer to provide their written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request this notice, please submit your request to email@example.com. Please allow 30 days for a response. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer such a request.
You also have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise this right.
YOUR UK AND EU RIGHTS
Under UK and EU law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with data protection regulators, and the Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO) is the UK’s lead regulator. You can find out how to raise a concern with the ICO by visiting their website at www.ico.org.uk. If you’re within the EU, you may also get in touch with your local Data Protection Regulator who may liaise with the ICO on your behalf.
You have a number of rights under European Data Protection law as detailed below. These rights apply to all of our users:
- Right of access: you can request a copy of your data.
- Right of rectification: if the data held is inaccurate, you have the right to have it corrected.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing: in limited circumstances, you have the right to request that processing is stopped but the data retained.
- Right to data portability: you can request a copy of your data in a machine-readable form that can be transferred to another provider.
- Right to object: in certain circumstances (including where data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests or for the purposes of marketing) you may object to that processing.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling: there are several rights in this area where processing carried out on a solely automated basis results in a decision which has legal or significant effects for the individual. In these circumstances your rights include the right to ensure that there is human intervention in the decision-making process.
If you want to exercise any of your rights listed above please email us at email@example.com
JURISDICTION & HOW TO REACH US
Effective Date & Policy Updates
This page was modified on October 29, 2023.